Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cars compare?

Hi,im buying my first car,and there're so many options in the market,could anyone tell me what you think about the following cars (they're SMALL FAMILY car):


1. Toyota Auris, 1.4,5dr,diesel auto


2. Vauxhall Astra,5dr diesel auto


3.Renault Megane CC,5 dr, diesel auto


4. Citroen C4, 5dr, diesel auto





They all have 5 star at NCAP rating (which is a must for me),I read some online reviews thinking that they are at the same class and good economical,but would like to know more realitic reviews from different people,any opinion is welcome.





What you think of the car/or them?


Is it reliable?


Compare those 4 (if you know all of them),which one you think is the best?


etc, etc...





Btw,I live in the u.k.





Thanks a lot!|||i know nothing about cars, but between the lot id choose toyota or vauxhall.





toyota , being a Japanese make, are well known for being reliable. I own a daihatsu (also japanese, with a toyota designed engine), and did a lot of research into buying it, finding it to be one of the most reliable cars there are.





however in the event of you actually having a problem, it would be better to have the Vauxhall, as parts will be a lotttt cheaper because they are based in england i think, and have the european branch 'Opel', which is exactly the same. When choosing a car to get, I was told vauxhall is good, by someone whos mechanic friend said vauxhall engines are 'bomb proof'..!





looking at what I've just written, I'd go with the Astra probably. Its just down to what the cars have inside them, extra features, looks, etc





also try www.carsurvey.org It has a list of any car you can think of, with reviews by actual car owners. I found it really helpful when I was looking for my new car.|||Go to kbb.com, its a blue book which lets you compare new/used cars.|||The Vauxhall is by far the best looking in my opinion (we call it the Saturn Astra here in the states), but Toyota makes a fine product and the Auris is a looker as well. I'm not a huge fan of either the Megane or the C4, to be honest. I would rate them exactly how you listed them!





Man I wish they sold the Auris here in the states!|||I'd have the Astra. I had the one before it and loved it, and they say this one is better.|||The Megane has a terrible reputation. If you buy one, always take a big bag with you in the boot to collect any parts that fall off.





The C4 is cheap and generally underrated. Style is subjective but however interesting it may look from outside, inside it's very very dull. Good car, but rather boring.





The Astra is very well thought of and has done a lot to dispel Vauxhall's old reputation for poor build quality. Cheap to run, good looking, nothing much wrong with it.





Toyota is deservedly among the most respected brands. Good, reliable and well built. Again, no reason to avoid the Auris.





I'm surprised you're not considering the "class leading" Focus, and the stylish new Fiat Bravo.





Happy shopping!|||Toyota is the clear winner in this group. You won't regret buying one.





Vauxhall are low quality





Other two companies are just small. I don't know much about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment