Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to compare cars (Car Gurus Wanted)?

Hello there, and thank you for reading my question, as a preliminary I would just like to say that I am sure you (being a car guru) are more than familiar with my situation.



The Situation: My sister's boyfriend (and all others of the like) constantly engage me in bitter contest of the know-not's as to who's car or what car is faster. Spouting off stats as if learned from their very own laboratories. I seek guidance. I drive a 2007 Scion tc (We are not here to judge the value of my car - I realize many are not a-keen to it's like). My Scion has 161 hp, manual, has a (0-60) of 7.4 seconds or something which isn't bad. Now as a comparable car for this example, say my friends 2006 Hyundai Tiburon, which obviously is a V6 and 170 something horsepower. My friend's tiburon ( which is an automatic/ assuming this wasnt the condition) would not beat, to my understanding, my car in a short race ((0-60) or a quarter mile).



This all leads to my question, please find it in your heart to explain to me what components of the vehicle make up effect the performance of a vehicle? Please explain in terms of hp, gear ratio, torque, drive train, engine size, etc.



I sincerely thank you for your guidance, and hope to return the favor in a field of my knowledge.



-Matt.How to compare cars (Car Gurus Wanted)?
Try reading this site.



http://www.musclecarclub.com/library/dic鈥?/a>How to compare cars (Car Gurus Wanted)?
Its called personal preference,.

No comments:

Post a Comment