Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the cost of CNG in Ahmedabad and what average does it give on cars as compared to petrol?

I am planning to buy a car and immediately get it converted into a CNG engine. I have heard it is cheaper to run on than petrol. I am not sure if it is a good idea or not? If it is, how much does it cost in mileage while comparing CNG with petrol, and if it is good enough, what are the other benefits?What is the cost of CNG in Ahmedabad and what average does it give on cars as compared to petrol?
Yes, Always check local gas stations, as well as gas stations anywhere you occasionally travel to.



It'd suck to buy a CNG car, only to have the nearest station be 50 kilometers away.What is the cost of CNG in Ahmedabad and what average does it give on cars as compared to petrol?
I don't have a precise idea of the savings, but CNG is about half the cost of gas.



There are additional benefits -



- because CNG doesn't form the acids the way gas does, your oil won't dirty up as quickly as it would with gas

- your engine will last longer and likely require fewer tuneups because CNG burns cleaner.

- your exhaust system will last longer.What is the cost of CNG in Ahmedabad and what average does it give on cars as compared to petrol?
I can't do a lot for you on this subject but I do want you to check something carefully before you go this route.



My wife works for Fleet Administration for the State of California in the USA. She monitors many alternatively fueled vehicles and has very few positive comments on CNG cars. Where we are CNG fueling stations are scarce and she has told me the range of a CNG vehicle is very limited. So I strongly suggest you investigate fuel availability and not just cost. I also suggest you make an effort to find out how far your new vehicle will be able to travel on one full refueling and weigh that range against your intended usage. Based on her input and my requirements I wouldn't even consider a CNG vehicle for my personal use.



Good luck on your new car, regardless of your choice I'm sure you will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment